Rest Cottage 150 is the website and final project created by DePaul University students who took HST 391: Doing Local and Community History with instructor Amy M. Tyson, Spring 2015.
As part of our work with the FWHA, we were allowed to develop our own final project for the course in response to our work at Rest Cottage.
In honor of Rest Cottage’s 150th anniversary this year, this site is that project.
The five of us have written pieces about what we found most of interest when collaborating with the FWHA, and working at the Willard Museum and Archives.
By Juan-Fernando León, Bryan Rafferty, Jenna Parcells, JD Garrastegui and Peter Haleas
- Juan-Fernando León – The Den
- Bryan Rafferty – Wooton Desk; Material Culture Examination of the Wooton Desk
- Jenna Parcells – What is Home?
- JD Garrastegui – Rest Cottage; A Character in Itself
- Peter Haleas – Talk, Walls!