Rest Cottage 150 is the website created by DePaul University students who took the Doing Local and Community History course with Professor Amy M. Tyson in the Spring of 2015.
As part of our work with the FWHA, we were allowed to develop our own final project for the course in response to our work at Rest Cottage.
In honor of Rest Cottage’s 150th anniversary in 2015, this site is that project.
The five of us have written pieces about what we found most of interest when collaborating with the FWHA, and working at the Willard Museum and Archives.
By Juan-Fernando León, Bryan Rafferty, Jenna Parcells, JD Garrastegui and Peter Haleas
- Juan-Fernando León – The Den
- Bryan Rafferty – Wooton Desk; Material Culture Examination of the Wooton Desk
- Jenna Parcells – What is Home?
- JD Garrastegui – Rest Cottage; A Character in Itself
- Peter Haleas – Talk, Walls!