The Frances Willard House Museum is pleased to offer a curriculum packet for late elementary – grades 4 & 5 – for your use. The packet has six lesson activities that cover Illinois Learning Standards 1, 3, 4, 5, 13, 14, 17, & 18. Each lesson activity can be done independently or as a series. The packet contains all six lesson actives with supplemental class work material and a CD with digital copies of the lesson activities.
The titles of the activities in alphabetical order:
- A Wheel Within a Wheel – Bicycles and Women’s Suffrage
- Calculating Perimeter and Area using Architectural Drawings of Rest Cottage
- “Do Everything” and Child Labor
- Evanston Maps – Then and Now
- Historical Markers – Writing About History Using Houses
- Two Wheels for Change – Bicycle Technology and Changing America
If you are interested getting a copy of the curriculum packet, contact us at email@example.com.
See the gallery below for fuller descriptions of each lesson activity.